1/4 Century -> Taught students at Columbia University’s Medical School,Eyes Institute residents & fellows.
Dean is a successful small business owner, having founded Woodbury Optical in Hicksville where he treated patients for more than 25 years. Dean is also licensed as an optician by the American Board of Opticianry. He is a businessman, optometrist, teacher, clinician, scientist and author who has been internationally published in world’s scientific journals and textbooks. Dean is a respected world-wide lecturer in his field.
Dean has always been an active member of his community and has a vision for the future of Nassau County. As Town of Oyster Bay Clerk, Dean will be a strong advocate for his constituents, especially when it comes to fiscal matters. Dean is running for Town Clerk because he is tired of seeing our taxes and cost of living continue to increase unnecessarily.
He wants to hold the line on taxes by providing strong fiscal oversight, build a stronger economy and put an end to the corruption that plagues our Town of Oyster Bay. Dean is not a Career Politician. He is not running to further his career or to collect a paycheck (He will be donating his salary to charity), but rather he is running because he is sick of the rampant corruption in the Town of Oyster Bay. Dean Takes no outside campaign contributions from special interest groups.
He will clean up town hall and fight for our interests.
Latest Photo Gallery of Dr. Dean Hart’s activities
Latest Video updates from Dr. Dean Hart
DEAN HART FOR
OYSTER BAY TOWN CLERK
Dr. Dean Hart points out many issues for growth of nation, few of them as.
“Operation Clean Sweep” – The name of the proposals Dean wants to introduce:
* Anyone running for office needs to disclose ALL income, holdings & investment
* We need to ban Super PACs, which wind up controlling lawmakers and how they vote.
* Public officials convicted of criminal acts should be barred from receiving pensions.
* Stop Gerrymandering. Create an independent panel to create the districts.
* We need voting over a two-day period so that more people could cast their ballots. Many people work or just can’t make it to the polls on Election Day.
* Open up the primaries. Millions of voters were unable to vote in the primaries because of our strict & archaic system.
* Any legislator found guilty of sexual harassment must be forced to resign.
* We need to ban outside income from legislators (apart from certain exceptions such as military service, book or artistic royalties , etc)
* Need to ban per diem payments.
* Better oversight over the registration process.
* There needs to be term limits for public officials.
* Common Core – Repeal! Education decisions should be made on the local level
* Stop The over emphasis of standardized testing
* Stable Funding For School Districts: Eliminate General Education Adjustment & restore foundation aid
Long Island’s Fair Share
* The States Balance of Payments deficit with Long Island is over 4.6 Billion Dollars per year.
* Long Island should not be bankrolling the rest of the state!
* Fight for more return in investments for the tax.
* Long Island is the highest property tax rate in USA.
* Long Island is extremely susceptible to the effects of Climate Change and we should be doing everything possible to counteract the devastating effects
* Fight for more investments in Green Energy Jobs & Infrastructure on Long Island
* Protect the Long Island Aquifer.